2013年7月22日 星期一

分享英文小組討論38個屈機秘笈--- Part 3

到Part 3喇,繼續繼續!

Skill 22.      Ask for clarification (要求澄清)

78.  If I understand you correctly, you're saying that…

79.  May you be simpler about what you have just said?

80.  Could you explain your idea further?

81.  Could you elaborate your point/ idea?

82.  Pardon me, but are you really certain about it?

83.  Do you mean to say [drug abuse are common among artists]?

84.  Hang on! What are you talking about?

85.  I’m sorry. What’s the meaning of…?

Skill 23.      Clarifying (自我澄清)

86.  What I mean is…

87.  What I’m trying to say is…

88.  Let me put you in the picture. (讓我把情況告訴你)

89.  What / All I’m trying to say is that…

90.  I was merely stating the fact that…

91.  I was just making the suggestion that…

92.  To put it simple, I mean…

93.  I’m sorry I haven’t made myself clear. My point is…

94.  Let me put it another way / Let me explain it in another way / To put it another way / To put it in other words, I’m saying that…

95.  Sorry, I think I was wrong to say…

96.  I said, could [social workers give students a hand (幫助)]?

Skill 24.      Avoid awkward silence (打破冷場)

97.  Let’s be more outspoken / active.

98.  Time is running short. Should we say something about…

Skill 25.      Add a point to what you / others said (給自己或別人之前的話添加論點)

99.  Let’s go back to the point of [Mr. Chan]. I would like to add something here.

100.  Before jumping to a conclusion, I would like to say something more about…
Skill 26.      Interim summing up (小結,但非總結)

101.  So we all agree that…

102.  It seems we all think that…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skill 27.      Prevent digression (say so only when you are sure that a member has side-tracked)(阻止離題)

1.      I’m afraid we are a bit off the point here. We are discussing…, rather than…

2.      Our discussion is going off track, let return to the subject of …

3.      Hang on, can we stick with that point about [property hegemony (地產霸權)]?

4.      Excuse me, [Mr. Chan], that is an interesting point, but I am afraid that we are getting off the topic of [Christmas Party].

5.      I’m sorry. I think we have to return to the topic of [the advantages of abolishing school uniform].

6.      An interesting point, but we are talking about [unethical business practices], I think it will be great to…

7.          I think we're going around in circles now. Today’s topic is…

8.      This would be some sidetracking from the topic although it might be a good point which deserve our attention after discussion. Today’s topic is… 

9.      Excuse me. I’m afraid we have gone off the topic. We should be discussing… Shall we go back to the point?

10.  [Mr. Chan], I am afraid we’re not talking on the right track here / talking about the right thing here.

11.  I see what you mean but I think we should stick to the topic at hand.

12.  That is all well said but it would be better if we limit out discussion to the given topic.

13.  I understand your point but I do not find a link between what you say and our given topic. Could you please return to the main point?

14.  That is not the main point under discussion. Let’s now come to the main topic.

15.  I’m sorry. You are a little bit off the topic / off the track. You mention A, but we are talking about B. Do you feel the same?’

Skill 28.      Go to the next topic (下一話題)

16.  Let’s move on to…?

17.  Let's go ahead to the next point, which is ...

18.  It seems that all of us have voiced our opinions / given our views on this topic. Shall we move on to the next one, which is [how Hong Kong society views people with tattoos / read out the next point]?

19.  So if we agree about this topic, let's look at the next one, which is…

20.  Do you mind if we move on to the next point, which is…

21.  Okay, should we move along to next item?

22.  Well what’s the next thing we have to decide?

23.  Well, let’s move on to another point now, shall we?

Skill 29.      Stop members from repeating the same point (叫停重復論點)

24.  Right, I think we’ve covered that point already.

25.  I’m afraid we are repeating our arguments.

26.  I’m afraid we’ve said enough about that.

27.  Let’s move on to another area. It seems that we have discussed this in full already.

Skill 30.      Challenge others (質疑別人)

28.  Your suggestion sounds good, but have you considered its feasibility?

Skill 31.      Refrain from arguing (克制、退卻、免吵)

29.  Excuse me, there’s no point in arguing. We should try to reach an agreement on…

30.  As time is running short, let’s not argue over this point. We’d better discuss…

31.  Hang on. I think you two have all you say. Shall we listen to [Mr. Chan]’s idea?

Skill 32.      Interrupt / interfere (打斷/介入)

32.  Good point, [Miss Chan], what do you think about [inviting a teacher to act as our M.C.]? (The secret is to agree with the dominant candidates first and then redirect the conversation to another candidate or the group.)

33.  [Mr. Chan], I agree with your point about [budgeting] but what does the rest of the group think? (Interrupt, and ask other members to state their views.)

34.  Sorry to interrupt, but...(interrupt, and then speak yourself)

35.  Can I come in at this point?

36.  Excuse me, may I say something

37.  I’m sorry, sorry to interrupt. Not bad of your idea but I’ve an alternative idea. That is…

38.  Sorry for interrupting you, but you seem to digress. Our topic is concerned with…

39.  Could I add something to what you said about…

Skill 33.      Move the discussion along when an aggressive member tries to take too much time and monopolize the discussion (制止一人佔用太多時間)

40.  Thank you [Mr. Chan]. Your idea is really good, but other members are also eager to state their views, could you please give them a chance to speak? 

Skill 34.      Defend against interruption / interference (不讓打斷/介入) 

41.  Excuse me, Mr. Wong, we are here not to argue / debate / compete, but to complete a task / solve a common problem / work out our ideas together. Would you please let me finish my point first?

42.  Excuse me, could I just finish this point first? And I would try to be as brief as possible.

43.  Would you just let me make my whole point first, please?

44.  Sorry…but may I finish my point first?

Skill 35.      Return to your point after being interrupted / interfered (被人打斷/介入之重回本身論點再談)

45.  As I was saying…

46.  To return to / go back to my point…

47.  Where was I? Oh yes, I was talking about.

Skill 36.      About to conclude (快將總結)

48.  Does anyone want to contribute before we wrap up the discussion?

49.  As the time is going to be over, should we make a conclusion on the points of our discussion?

50.  It seems that we don’t have any more ideas to contribute but I would really like to do a summary of the discussion. May I?

Skill 37.      Pre-empt a conclusion (指人過早總結)

51.  Excuse me, before we conclude, may I say something about… first?

52.  Would you mind if I finish my point before we sum up?

Skill 38.      Complete discussion (完成討論)

53.  So, to conclude…

54.  To sum up then, …

55.  We have got three ideas in all…

56.  In brief, they…

57.  In short, we…

58.  It seems we’ve finished our task / discussion, and we can stop here.

59.  That’s all we have discussed today. Thank you everyone.

60.  We have finished our discussion. Thank you everybody. 


希望大家好好運用呢38個Skills,係oral考好D!


沒有留言:

張貼留言