2013年7月21日 星期日

分享英文小組討論38個屈機秘笈--- Part 2

續係英文小組討論既屈機Skills!


Skill 10.      How to express disagreement and why (表示不同意,並解釋理由)

85.  Important: Calmly express your opinion and respect the other member’s opinion all the while. Use expressions which soften the contradictory opinion you are giving (先揚後抑;先
禮後兵), and give a reason why you disagree. (講道理)

86.  Yes, but… (‘English is difficult.’ ‘Yesbut it’s not so difficult as German.’)

87.  I take / see your point, but…

88.  I am afraid I can’t agree because…

89.  I’m afraid not. There is a point which I should mention.

90.  The problem with that is…

91.  The way I see it is…

92.  I'm against it because…

93.  Instead, I think that…

94.  Actually, I find that…

95.  I’m not sure I quite agree, because…

96.  Yes, perhaps, but I think…

97.  Well, yours is not a bad idea, but I am sorry I can’t agree with you that…

98.  I agree in part / to some extent but…

99.  Well, that might work but…

100.  Okay, I see your point. But surely you'll admit that…

101.  I see what you mean, but many people may not, because….

102.  I see what you mean but I have to say ‘no’ to that because…. /but I don’t think…

103.  I see your point but I have another idea.

104.  That’s not a very good idea.

105.  I think we should… (indirect disagreement)

106.  Perhaps we could consider an alternative solution. (indirect disagreement)

107.  We could… (indirect disagreement)

108.  How about…(indirect disagreement)

109.  What about…(indirect disagreement)

110.  Is that really necessary? (indirect disagreement)

111.  One solution may be…(indirect disagreement)

112.  It’s not an entirely correct thing to do actually.

113.  Personally, I feel that might be a bit unnecessary. 

Skill 11.      Respond to challenge (回應質疑)

114.  You may ask for details by saying: (i) Why do you say that, [Mr. Wong]?  (ii) Could you be more specific?  (iii) What’s there about [going on picnic on a holiday] that you don’t like?

115.  You may ask for confirmation by saying: ‘Are you saying that I have left out an important point, which is…?’ 

116.  You may insist by saying: ‘It’s not a bad idea having regard to all circumstances. Why don’t we give it a try?’ 

117.  J Occasionally, you will find that what you thought to be criticism really isn’t!

Skill 12.      Circumvent (避而不答)

118.  Thank you for your question. In general, I see your point. In addition, I believe that… How about you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skill 13.          Change your standpoint (改變立場,策畧退卻)

1.      Yes, I guess you could be right.

2.      Yes, you have a point on…

3.      I’m not sure about that. / I can’t be certain about it.

4.      I can’t say for certain.  / I can’t say with any certainty about it.

5.      Actually, your idea is better. So, why don’t we…?

6.      Perhaps you’re right. I’m too pessimistic / ignorant to say / believe that…

7.      (It’s) hard to tell.  It could be…

8.      I can’t make up some mind.

9.      I’m in two minds about [which method to use].

10.  On my second thought, I will follow your idea

11.  I have to agree with you on… but I think I am right in saying that… (退卻一半)

Skill 14.          Query or ask for details (質疑;問詳細資料)

12.  Why do you say that?

13.  What good is [the freedom of media] supposed to do?

14.  That was a fascinating idea you give us. Tell me, [Mr. Cheung], why do you think [people like to read magazines just for juicy gossip]?

Skill 15.          Ask for repetition (請人重說)

15.  (I'm) sorry? (I) (beg your) pardon?

16.  Sorry, could you possibly repeat what you said?

17.  Excuse me, could you please repeat that (for me) / say that again?

18.  Sorry/I’m sorry, would you mind saying it/that again / repeating it/that? 

19.  I’m afraid I didn’t quite catch what you said. Could you repeat it?

20.  Hang on. / Just a minute, please say it / that again.

21.  I’m sorry, [Miss Chan]. Do you mean (that)…?

22.  If I understand you rightly, do you mean that we should…?

23.  If I get you right, do you mean we shouldn’t…?

24.  Sorry, would you mind speaking a bit slower?

25.  Sorry, can / could you repeat it more loudly? I’m afraid we can’t hear you clearly.

26.  Sorry, did you say…?

Skill 16.          Correct members’ mistakes politely (禮貌改正別人錯處)

27.  Sorry, that’s not correct.

28.  The way isn’t right, is it?

29.  I think it might be more accurate/correct to say that [drunk driving (醉駕) causes many car accident] .

30.  Well, actually / as a matter of fact, [Hong Kong Island lies to the south of Kowloon].

31.  I’m sorry, [Miss Chan]. It might not be correct to say… because…

32.  Sorry, I’m afraid it’s not suitable to say…

33.  I’ve to say that/I’m afraid that it’s not quite right.

34.  It doesn’t correct to say/suppose that [teenagers have no choice but to abuse drugs].

35.  Wouldn’t it be better to say… because…

36.  [Miss Chan], I suppose you’re mistaken there.

37.  If I may say so, the choice is incorrect / it’s actually not the case / you’re wrong there.

38.  Pardon me, [Mr. Chan]. I’m afraid you’re wrong in saying that… In fact, don’t you think it’s better to…?

Skill 17.          Correct your own mistakes (糾正自己錯處)

39.  My mistake.

40.  I must apologize for what I’ve said.

41.  If I may correct myself, I don’t think that [capital punishment is justified].

42.  I’m sorry… I’m afraid I was wrong to say so. In fact, thinking about it, it is better…

43.  I didn’t mean it that way.

44.  I think I got that wrong. What I meant to say was…

45.  I’m sorry that I’ve just made a mistake. Actually, it should be…

Skill 18.          Take up a point (接談話題)

46.  On the subject of investment/music, people nowadays …

47.  About [the property prices of Hong Kong], I think [they are so high that many of us cannot afford a comfortable home].

48.  That reminds me of [the time I went camping with my friends, and we waited at different locations because of poor coordination].

49.  Sorry to butt in (插嘴), but did I hear you say that [Hong Kong and Guangdong should have economic communion (經濟共融), will Hong Kong’s competitive advantage become blurred by such communion (經濟共融會令香港的競爭優勢模糊嗎)]?

Skill 19.      When asked a question, and you have no idea (無點子) or think the question is not appropriate (認為問題不應問)

50.  I’m sorry. I have no idea at this moment.

51.  I don’t have much to say.

52.  I know too much about this… (Alternatively, you may summarize or paraphrase the points of your partner(s) and say if you agree or not, and why. (你為何會agree/disagree?不是有新point說了嗎?)

53.  I would like to hold my comments for the time being. [Mr. Tang] seems to have something to say on this point. [Mr. Tang], would you share your ideas with us?

54.  Thank you for asking me, [Miss Cheung], but perhaps we should focus on the question of [what qualities make a person successful at this stage].

Skill 20.      Get passive members involved (鼓勵投入)

55.  [Miss Lee], do you agree with the idea of [organizing a music party]? (Ask a weaker candidate a yes / no question)

56.  [Miss Lee], do you think we should organize [a picnic or a party]? (Ask a weaker candidate to choose between two options)

57.  [Miss Lee], what do you think about [organizing a music party]? (Ask a weaker candidate for views on a point)

58.  Excuse me. Perhaps we should hear [Mr. Chan]’s opinion. [Mr. Chan], what do you think about…

59.  [Miss Chan], do you think the idea will work?

60.  [Miss Chan], can I ask if you would agree that [the competitive strengths of Hong Kong are deteriorating (香港的競爭力正在轉差)]?

61.  [Miss Chan], would you like to say a few words on…?

62.  [Mr. Chan], we haven’t heard from you yet. What’s your opinion on…? 

63.  [Mr. Chan], you agree with me, wouldn’t you?

64.  Would anyone care to comment?

65.  Let us, I mean all of us, take part in the discussion.

66.  Which one do you prefer? X or Y?

67.  Mr. Chan, do you have any comment on my idea?

Skill 21.      Have I expressed myself clearly (我有清楚表達自己嗎?)

68.  Do you get me?

69.  Ok so far?

70.  Do you see my point?

71.  Have I made my point clear? /Have I made myself clear?

72.  If there ‘s anything you are still not clear about, please let me know.

73.  Do you see / know /get what I mean?

74.  Are you with me?

75.  Do you follow me? / Are you following me? (你明白我的話嗎?)


76.  Does it make sense to you?77.  Does that seem to make sense?

為實在有太多,我聽日會出埋佢,加油!


沒有留言:

張貼留言